• Implemented a hardware accelerated multitouch drawing layer capable of discretizing gestures for manipulation of the canvas
• Designed a custom socket and messaging layer for seamless low-latency, peer-to-peer communication between an arbitrary number of connected devices
• Created a connection scheme that would allow an arbitrary number of devices to connect using either NFC and Wifi Direct or a local WiFi network with DNS service discovery
• Implemented a multithreaded edge-detection algorithm to allow users to import images of physical whiteboards
• Designed a user interface following Google’s Material Design guidelines, including the creation of custom views and user interactions
• Ensured a high level of polish, performance, and robustness, culminating in it’s release on the Google Play and Amazon App Stores
Visit the BoardCastApp Website to download and learn more.
Find out more about the project here: boardcastapp.com